Call it a pet peeve. Call it an annoyance. Call it whatever you want! But there are some things in life that really irritate me. I’ll be the first one to admit that some of them might seem extremely stupid to you, however, to me they have the ability to make my day go from good to bad in a matter of seconds.
Here is my list:
1. Step Garbage Cans. I get it, the whole purpose of them is to keep things sanitary. However, 9 out of 10 times they’re more inconvenient than anything. You either step on the pedal too hard and the lid slams against the wall behind it, causing you to take your foot off in shock. OR…you don’t step on the pedal hard enough so you just end up using your hands to open the lid (defeating the whole purpose). All I know is….I’m never having one of these garbage cans in my house!
2. When people clap at the end of a movie. Okay cool, the movie was amazing and you think the acting was out of this world. But, really? You’re going to sit there and clap for people who can’t even hear or appreciate your round of applause. You just look silly and with that being said, I am embarrassed for you!
3. Two Door cars. No one EVER wants to drive with the person who has a two-door car (especially if it’s more than 2 people driving in it). Having to get in and out of the back seat is quite possibly the most awkward procedure. You have to push the seat forward, lift up the seatbelt so you don’t decapitate yourself, pull the seat back and don’t even get me started on the lack of leg space! (And majority of the time whoever is sitting in the front forgets about you and doesn’t let you out LOL). I also think its ridiculous how gigantic the car doors are. You’re shit outta luck on a windy day!
4. People who paint their garage doors outrageous colours. Maybe I’m just traditional. But what made you think it was a genius idea to paint your garage doors bright yellow, sea foam green or fuchsia? It looks horrendous. Stick to the neutrals next time (black, taupe, grey, beige etc.)…Leave the bright colours for the flowers in your garden!
5. Misuse of “Seen” and “Saw.” No my friend…you did not “seen” that episode of Friends last night. You saw it! As in past tense, as in it already happened. UGH! It takes everything in my power not to call people out when they make this irritating mistake. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there who agrees. AM I RIGHT?!
6. Taylor Swift chirps. Yes, she dates many guys! And yes, once they break up she will probably (most likely) write a song about it. It’s old news. The jokes and chirps aren’t even worth a chuckle anymore. So I suggest you stop trying to be funny and move onto bigger and better things (like a career lol).
7. When people bail on plans. I understand things come up occasionally and you have to bail last minute. But if “something” comes up EVERY single time you make plans and you bail, that’s a sure way to lose friends. If you’re unsure about whether or not you want to get together with someone, then don’t agree to it immediately and certainly don’t say things like, “I’m SOOO excited to get together” (Meanwhile, you have no intention of following through with the plans).
8. Guys that wear the wrong shoes with the wrong outfit. Don’t you dare put on running shoes with jeans and a polo shirt! Unless you’re going to the gym or going for a hike – don’t wear runners please. I also don’t want to see you rockin’ your steel-toe boots, unless you’re at work. Wearing shoes outside of their given purpose really bothers me. Get it together, boys!
9. Nicholas Cage movies. From his hairstyle and his voice to his inability to be a good action star. Everything about Nicholas Cage aggravates me.
10. When girls wear a regular bra with a strapless shirt. This is a major fashion faux pas! The shirt is strapless for a reason. Regardless if you’re the prettiest girl on the planet, doing this instantly makes you look like trailer park trash! And let’s be real; don’t think we can’t see your “plastic/clear” bra straps that we all had back in Grade 7. Invest in a strapless bra ladies!
WELL….I guess I’ll stop here before all of you think I’m the most pessimistic person on the planet! I’m sure within the next week or so, I’ll think of a million more things to add to my list. Also, shout out goes to Jen and Sandra who had to listen to me bitch and complain about these things after a night of partying (Hangovers bring out the worst in me!)
So what the things that really “irk” you?!